This resource is a tie-in with the first session of our Wellbeing Wednesdays series (Winter 2020). These are group mental health sessions based around symptoms brought on or exacerbated by the COVID pandemic. Our first session was on panic attacks, and was led by Bethany Garner (BSc, MPsycholsci, MBPsS).
So what’s on this page?
- Who to contact for more information about the session
- Presentation slides from the live session (11/11/2020)
- Breathing exercise video
- Thought diary template
- A-Z of important external resources
Took part and wanted to learn more, or catching up and you want to get in touch with the creator of the session? Contact Bethany Garner (the Be Extra Wellbeing Officer) via email.
We have also made the slides from the presentation available to everyone so you can recap or look over for the first time. These slides are intended for personal use only. Download via the link below:
Following on from the session, one great video for relaxation and breathing control is ‘RELAX AND BREATHE: Do Nothing for 10 Minutes’ by The School of Self.
Download the template below for keeping a thought diary/record to help analyse and challenge unhelpful thoughts as they come up.
Bethany’s A-Z of important external resources
- Anxiety UK – Charity providing support if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition. Phone 03444 775 774 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am – 5.30pm)
- Bipolar UK – Charity helping people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably, for men aged 15-35. Phone 0800 58 58 58 (daily, 5pm – 12am)
- Men’s Health Forum – 24/7 stress support for men by text, chat, or email
- Mental Health Foundation – Provides information and support for anyone with mental health problems and learning disabilities
- Mind – Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems. Phone 0300 123 3393 (Mon-Fri, 9am – 6pm)
- No Panic – Charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Offers a course to help overcome your phobia or OCD. Phone 0844 967 4848 (daily, 10am – 10pm)
- OCD Action – Support for people with OCD. Includes information on treatment and online resources. Phone 0845 390 6232 (Mon-Fro, 9.30am – 5pm)
- OCD UK – Charity run by people with OCD, for people with OCD. Includes facts, news, and treatments. Phone 0333 212 7890 (Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm)
- Papyrus – Young suicide prevention society. Phone HOPElineUK 0800 068 4141 (Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm, 7pm – 10pm, Sat-Sun, 2pm – 5pm)
- Samaritans – Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair. Phone 116 123 (free 24/7 helpline)
- SANE – Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness and their families and carers.
We would recommend bookmarking this and any other pages you find useful in your browser so you can access them when you need them.
Want to print this out? This page is also available in PDF – download via the link below: